My family

My family

Sunday, October 2, 2011

40 day challenge- week 1

Last week Matt and I decided to start a 40 day challenge. My friend Danielle inspired me to do this with her own 40 day challenge her and her husband are doing. Our challenge is to not spend money on anything except what we really NEED. We will keep track of what we save and then at the end of the 40 days the money saved will be given to our church. This past week was challenging. It's hard to determine what is a need vs. want. Is my coffee from Tim Horton's a need? Probably not. Buying lunch out is not a need so only one day last week was that done. (Matt and I had a lunch date.) Even something like buying diapers we were able to shop smarter and save some money. The one area we have found we still spend too much on is food. I didn't have time to grocery shop at the end of the week and got home late so we had take out a couple nights. Not expensive but still more than if we had food at home to eat. All in all at the end of the week we saved $75 by not buying things we didn't need. The motivation for us though is really to give more to God and to our church so it's really keeping us going. Well, off to bed. Tomorrow starts week 2 of our journey! AMEN!

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how little things add up. Tim and I are trying to budget more frugally just because of th kids and the house, etc. We even went down to one car.

    ReplyDelete